Monday, November 10, 2008

We Have Arrived.....

President Elect Obama ultimately represents change in the government and in the nation. Today he and Michelle are metaphorically measuring the drapes in the White House. Today The Obama’s will visit the White House, and President Bush and Laura Bush will be hosting this big event. Yes, I said event! This, like every move that has taken place prior to this event has been historical, and a first in our lifetime. It’s amazing how much we will be tracking visit today. The cameras will follow every move that President Elect Barack Obama and Michelle take within the White House. It’s like watching reality TV, where the reality is a real event that has incredible impact, as well as sends a wonderful message.


It’s pretty cool to have a cool President! The honeymoon period is great because we get the chance to see some of the inside dealings, and behind the door workings of a citizen that is about to take over the highest office in our country. I’m particularly taken back by the reports on Sunday that President Elect Obama works out at a local gym, especially on Sunday’s. That actually got me fired-up, as I was sitting on the couch drinking coffee, reading the paper and listening to CNN. The first thought that came to my mind was that I should be working out too! It is this very notion that we as a nation, me as a citizen can be impacted by an individual that will change the landscape of politics. Yes, I said politics! But this is more than politics; self-esteem has been infused through the country and probably the world. Yes, I said the world! I’m not easily moved or influenced by people in general, but the energy that I am noticing and feeling is unlike anything that I’ve experienced. I can only equate this to the motivational message I was exposed to at 7 years old, and that my parents, family and the nation felt after the “I have a dream” speech by Dr. Martin Luther King. Thus, I am going to assume and hopefully conclude that this positive feeling will perpetuate throughout our inner cities, suburban cities, and country sides. I hope that every person is touched to do something positive. I hope that our people are touched to stand up and strengthen themselves. What a great, natural infusion that we have received!


How cool is he? The President Elect is shown today dropping off his two kids at school. The President Elect is shown getting off of an American Airlines plane today in Washington DC, and shaking hands with a welcome committee, then getting into a darken limousine to be taken to the White House. Our President Elect was shown being greeted by President Bush and first Lady Laura Bush at the White House. How cool was it seeing our first lady to be Michelle Obama go off with the first Lady Laura Bush on a tour of the grounds. How cool was it to see that this was an African American couple that seemingly represented all of America getting invited in! How cool is it to know that they will live and reside on the top of the hill.

No comments: